• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My first gun

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the still makes wingmasters. Problem is they cost $600 now. When I was younger you could get them for $160.

Kind of looking into a 28ga wingmaster.

We get those single shot stevens in once in while. A lot of people "used to" have one when they were young. Kind of a neat gun.

the "used to" thing got me thinkin.... has anyone bought a bolt action single shot .22LR in the last 10 years? i've got one that i inherited and think i've shot once... i always reach for the auto, or even the tubefeed bolt when i'm feelin a little crazy, never the single shot though

Personally, I own an 870 and an 11-87. Both wonderful guns. I have dropped my 870 in a river while bird hunting, pulled it right out and without drying it or taking it apart shot a triple five minutes after. I belive the 870 is the workhorse in terms of cheap weapons that will last forever. Once again, I agree with everyone who has said go for the gun that fits you well. I would go to your local dealer and play with a few of them. Shoulder ones as if you were doing many types of shooting. Hope this helps