• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishing in wisconsin

OK, so I'm an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly and didn't pay attention to the seasons and didn't realize that the northern season had closed until I questioned the gas station attendant becuase they didn't have any big shiners left.

So now me(the one-who-thinks-I-am-silly) wants to find a good northern lake in WIS close to the metro for the late ice. Does anybody have any suggestions?

thanks

Try Lake Woppogasset in Amery. I know they have a decent Muskie Population...don't know anything about the Northern. Try the WI DNR Site for Lake info. It is a pretty dang good fisherie for pan fish as well.

Good luck,

WEJ

Fishlip, I guess it depends on what size you're looking for and what your idea of "close" is.Bass Lake in St. Croix county near Somerset is close but there are alot of small ones in there.If you want size,there are some dandies taken every year out of Upper and Lower Clam lakes east of Siren on Highway 70.If you go,stop in at Big Mike's bait shop for info.It's on Highway 70,south side of the road at the narrows between the two lakes.Good Luck.