• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Getting the line out

Well I figured I would check in with you guys and let you know how things are coming along. Been out one day so far and I have out 12 cubbies so far and a dozen or so snares all for lynx.

Heading out tomorrow to build another dozen cubbies or so, and then on the weekend hoping to double up again so i have close to 48 cubbies built and set by Sunday.

We had a nice meltdown last week and everything turned to ice, now it is very hard to read the sign, lynx are walking right on top of the snow, and the bunnies are not breaking through either. Anyway, I hope to have some pics for you guys tomorrow if everything goes well.

what kind of cubbies are you building? are you just using small logs? Never really looked into getting a lynx, (Kind of a bad thing to catch in MN right now.) Also are you just running snares in trails or do you drop one in front of a cubbie?

there is a snare behind every cubby on a walk around trail. Then the dozen snares i talked about having set are on trails. So really i have two dozen out, but 12 of those are with cubby sets.

Cubbies are just small branches stacked up to form a teepee of sorts, i will take some pics today

Lynx last year sold well, upwards of 400 bucks, this year there is not much interest on the taxi market for some reason, and the prices are going to be down at the auction houses for all fur this year because of the economy.

I am hoping for 150 average on all my cats and i will be happy.

Baby is doing great, 4 months old now, beautiful baby girl. Sure is harder to get away to set and run the line with a little one around.

How is your baby doing picks? How old now?