• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camera - usage questions

TiNK3R

So I just got an aqua vu explorer 5... Tried it out at night to see how well it worked and I was pretty impressed. I heard a lot about not being able to see during the night and everything was crystal clear and in focus. I do have a few questions...

I didn't buy a tripod for it. I know it's pretty much necessary but will getting the standard pod for it help in aiming? I couldn't for the life of my find my jig (didn't spend a lot of time on it) which brings me to my second question..

How far away from your jig/etc do you put the camera? I only had it a foot or two away (Had two holes drilled in my porty... dead sticked one and messed with the camera in the other) typically 10' or less?

Do the lights at night (or day) turn the fish off? I figure if they can see my glow jig and it makes a huge difference... why wouldn't two spotlights? Can anyone comment on that?

Is there a case or something to organize it a little better? It feels awkward and bulky where the cord wraps up and the flaps that go over the screen.

Thanks in advance! I hope to bring it out this weekend for some scouting! smile

Gander in Blaine had the Nature vision tripod for 15 bucks a couple weeks ago. They are well worth it. You can fine tune the turns. Use a big orange depth finder clipped onto your fishing lure to find your lure. Once you have it pointed to that you can remove the depth finder and fine tune everything. Takes a bit. Fish bumping into the camera will push it off target at times. Be careful with the rubber cork that goes on the cable. They dont float.