• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey all:

So far we've got Condor, stfcatfish, Northlander and Poutslayer, and maybe Pigsticka's dad. Anyone else?

The meet starts at 8 a.m. on Lake 25 of Nelson Lake. Here are the directions.

From the intersection of Hwys 27 and 63 in Hayward, head north on 63 for 4.3 miles and take a left on Nelson Lake Road. Go half a mile on Nelson Lake Rd and take a right on Tanning Point Road. After traveling 7/10 of a mile on Tanning, turn right on Small Road. Go 2/10 of a mile, and the short road downhill to the landing turns off to your left. It is not marked at the turn as a landing, but you turn left just at the "Patrow's Pad" sign. Head out on the ice and turn right, where a quarter mile ahead of you you will see several permanent houses. They are sitting right on top of Lake 25.

Oh, the GPS coords for the turn off Small Road to the landing are: N 46 degrees, 05.103' and W 91 degrees, 25.955'.

Look for either a maroon 1997 Ford F-150 and/or a beat-up blue 1985 Chevy Silverado with a white topper. There may also be a green/yellow banner planted in the ice.

Northlander will bring his grill. I will bring my Coleman stove and a pot of chili. If beer is what you want, BYOB. grin.gif

Looks like we found a decent crappie/pike pattern there, but did not find the walleyes today.

See you there, and if you're not on the above list and want to go, just post a reply here.

------------------
"I've driven farther before to catch fewer fish . . ."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 02-13-2003).]

Condor: No, I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy. Well, maybe my worst enemy. But doing that is a good way to MAKE enemies.

There are cribs around Lake 25 in several spots, marked on the Fishing Hot Spots maps, and there should be room for the five (even the six, seven, eight, nine, ten, if it happens) of us. Also, the pike tip-ups will be spread out shallower.

Shoot Dan, good chili, good brats, warm day, good company, short drive. You only live once man. grin.gif

Condor: Joke taken. See you tomorrow. grin.gif

And for those early birds who look at the posts at 5 a.m. instead of sleeping, here it is for NW Wisconsin: Saturday, m,ostly sunny, flurries in the morning. Highs 15 to 20. East winds 5 to 10 mph (Lake 25 is on Nelson Lake's east shore, so it will be COMPLETELY sheltered).

Saturday night, mostly clear. Lows zero to 5 below. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 02-14-2003).]

Well, it was the four of us, after all.

Many crappies were caught, and after sorting through, one brought home a limit of fish up to11 inches, and the others brought home a bunch of fish, too. I got an 8.5 pound pike on tip-ups, and we all had chili and brats.

Not exaclty an FM meet, since we all knew each other already, but a nice day on the ice. grin.gif

Yes it was fun. Especially when Poutslayer Crapped his pants when the big ford honked the horn 2 FT. from his house! Wish I could have seen his face! By the way Stfcatfish you need to get some 50 pound test tip up line. Your hooking or should I say catching percentage is starting to look like Shaks freethrow percentage!!