• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Christmas Present

Yep, Merry Christmas to me, too! Thanks all. I was kind of in a funny position and had the ching to do it, so went ahead. I rushed home at lunch and met the UPS truck near my house, threw the camera on and took half a dozen shots, downloaded to the computer and uploaded the one image to the forum - all in about 15 minutes. I must say I'm happy with the first shot! Lookin' to give it a good work out this weekend. Hope to have something worth showing!

MM, when I'm carrying big glass, it's always mounted to a tripod or a monopod, and it's easy to sling over the shoulder with the shaft of the pod pointed forward and the barrel of the lens pointing backward/down.

Of course, I believe noted avian photographer Arthur Morris has had reconstructive surgery on both shoulders after carrying gear that way for many years, but you gotta carry it somehow. smilesmile

Lens envy welling up in my heart. I have a few thousand dollars to go before I get mine. Congratulations on your new gift!!! I'm sure you'll love it, but if you don't (and want to sell it at a BIG discount) I'll take it off your hands. wink

No, if I'm going to be shameless enough to borrow his lens, I'll be shameless enough to borrow one of his 1D Mk2 bodies or his 50D. I'm no piker! gringrin

So.... You're saying you have no shame. Fair enough, enjoy Ken's new lens. Let him borrow it every now and then though wink

Seriously though I can't wait to see what you happen across Ken, it should be great.