• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
dan in webster

Clam Lake Fishing Contest - Siren

dan,maybe heading up next weekend for the wisc final weekend of eye action,if so i will
attend,or maybe in the amery area.either way
wouldnt give up on the last weekend before
crappie only starts,my last 3trips up the weather has been talk.last week15below at nite with 30below windchills=poor fishing

hi
i'm up for it, but i've never fished the lake before. what do people fish for? how is the tourney run? any info would be great. always looking for an excuse to fish.
jay

thanks dan. i'll give that number a call and try to get some info.

As to what do they fish for? Clam Lake is a shallow lake with a large concentration of panfish...lots of mediocre northerns, bass and walleyes.

The panfish can be very nice; especially the crappies. It is a real fisherie, but in the late spring and early summer it weeds up bad!

I was there today and had a riot. Got there about 2:00 p.m and watched with my binoc's for about 15 minutes...not much action so I snoozed. A friend of mine has been going there and said about 3:30 they have been turning on. I awakened and saw a guy stuck with his pickup...not bad...and looked at him with binocs. It was my friend. He had a brown truck which I was looking or and couldnt see. The reason was of the salt...it looked white. I reognized him and he came back over and hooked on to his Frabill. He said he had been fishing about 100 yards from me for two hours catching nothing, but pointed over to where he got stuck and said he "found em there
! I had 25 nice gills so fast it would make your head swim. In an hour it was non-stop action. Threw lots of decent gill back to leave with 25. It was simply fun...7 feet of water and they fought. Caught one of those big crappies....I mean there are crappies in there that hold up to Red Lake...I know cuz I also fish Red Lake.

Anyway...if you fish the tourney...have fun. I personally dont fish tournaments ...I hate crowds.

how about some info on the lake,whats biting,
what type of bait,depts etc,i assume the contest is all over the lake? any springs or
soft spots to be aware of??heading up for the
contest with a group of 6,bring the grill and
making a day of it,any suggestions???

the contest is from 9am to 3pm. it sounds like a high of 10 degrees - so dress warm. it'll be on the north side of hwy 70, across from big mikes. they have a ton of prizes, like tv's, hotel stays, mtn. bike, etc. the lake has panfish, pike, walleye and bass. the river runs between the two lakes (it runs under the hwy 70 bridge) and runs along the west side of the lake, so don't drive over there. there's a decent size village of houses out there now. the dnr HSOforum has the lake map. there's probably close to 36" of ice now, so plan accordingly! its nothing fancy or pro-angler bound - just a local fishing contest.
dan