• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Doesn't anybody from Iowa visit this site anymore????

i check this thread most days i just haven't had time to go fishing yet but i could use help when fishing haven't figured out the right system yet i haven't had much luck yet i usually go to the lakes area

Yeah, I am suprised that no one has a monster Iowa buck picture to post with slug season one firing up last weekend!!!!!

Where are the deer pics guys?

I spent last weekend on the ice down there, but really have not lot to report as far as catch. All pretty small for my liking. Waiting for things to get a little more solid before the big push in Boji starts for me.

I'm guilty of being on here atleast twice a day and seldom post much. blush

This time of year i go into hibernation mode.( can't handle the cold for ice fishing or late season hunting)

I spend my winters going over fishing, and golf gear. The boat is tucked away in storage .

NOW !! I get to shovel snow!! Man ! I hope we don't get as much as last year!! del

Well buffetphan, welcome to FM, please come back and add to the fun! We are glad to have you here. I too will be doing much more posting here. I have spent most of my days this year down in the lakes area and have mostly been doing the exploration. Went and braved the ice on Little Emerson Saturday afternoon, good weeds from the looks of it, but ice for the most part was only about 2 inches. I fished on Templar Bay two weekends ago and only caught really small stuff. I saw plenty of people out on Upper Gar this weekend and a few out on Anglers, give my big tush another couple inches and I will be really happy and will start passing the working or nonworking tips! Be safe!

I usually check this site out once a day or so. But I don't ice fish or deer hunt so not alot to talk about. Have been chasing pheasants since the season opened and will continue to to that until the close or the weather gets to bad. Hopefully the ice we got yesterday will be gone by the weekend.

I read here all the time, I post every once in awhile. I haven't been on the last two weeks, I just got back from deep sea fishing in the Virgin Islands.

VirginIslands136.jpg

We had an incredible day, hooked this 70-80# Wahoo, caught several dolphin, tuna and my wife ended up with her first sail fish.

I was on the ice two weeks ago before I left and did alright on Spirit. The perch bite was crazy but there was a ton of sorting. Picked up a few eyes and dropped one of the biggest Northern's I have ever caught back down the hole. I think I will get back out this weekend. I will give an update.

Ed

I got out a for a little bit today. Spirit is in good shape 5-10" of ice, couple open spots in the middle still.

From what I hear West Lake is still touch and go, bring a spud bar and walk out. East is 5" plus in spots.

I have to admit that I have not been on this site as much as I should. Now that the ice is here I will be checking things out here more often and adding my input whenever I can... Its great chatting with you guys and I look forward to hearing your reports and seeing those pics...

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Perch the ice is pretty good on Spirit. I spent the day all over the North end, even the bad ice is 10+, there is still a few spots open from geese. Not many, but a few. There were shacks all over, and that is to be expected, this is the only good ice we have atm.

With the cold front coming through this week I will get my perm out on Spirit next weekend and then move on. My wallet is laying in 10 fow' in the weeds, if I don't get it this winter, I will dive on it this Spring.