• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Adding an after market auto start to a 2006 Chev Trailblazer?

I do not plan on doing it myself. I was just looking for recommendations and possible problems for a friend. The auto does have keyless entry. Do you go to the dealership or an after market shop? Reliable brand names would be helpful also. Cost is not a big issue other than paying too much because of lack of info on the subject. One more thing is how long does the instalation take. I have heard a radio advertisement for 200$ installed. Is that reasonable? Thanks in advance for any info.

I've always paid about $300 after install from Best Buy or Ultimate Electronics.

One thing you're going to have to know, is that most likely he'll have to give up a key, to get around the keyless entry, which, for my wife's last minivan, was to the tune of an additional $95.

Dang security chips in keys.