• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hitler rails against the Nikon D3x

I found this YouTube link on another forum, and it's a simply hilarious parody of Hitler and the new Nikon D3x.

I wonder why someone didn't do something similar when Canon screwed up on the 1D3 autofocus issue.

I've watched it three times and I'm still laughing.

Funny stuff Steve. I love the line "Screw Digital, my PC always hangs up anyways!".

It would be funnier if he was ripping on the new 50D that you guys are so in love with, but come on, $8000 for 24 megapixels. That's pretty bad.

I thought it was a link to Rockwell's site. He rips on the D3X pretty bad-I think just because of the price. I'm sure it's a great body if you have the money for it.

I was skeptical of the 50D,but after seeing Dan's SOTC shots,I'm not so worried. The new firmware must be pretty good. Shooting at iso 6400 with such a small amount of noise will be alot of fun.

I think 15mp should be plenty-I received some 16x20's today for a client that I shot with the 30D,and they were slightly upscaled and still looked unbelievable. He was so pleased he gave me an extra $50 and promised to have me do all his kids senior portraits and wants some images of his parent's farm.

This "hobby" is paying pretty good,but finding the time is not easy!

People need to remember NOT to judge anything until you see how it prints. The print shows more than a computer screen ever could.

MM, my 20x30 prints with the 20D/30D are excellent, and I've had good luck as well on a couple 30x45 prints that weren't heavy on fine detail. There's no doubt at all that, given the results from 8 Mp bodies, 15 Mp will be enough. It will be more than enough. And you are dead on about looking at prints rather than pixel peeping on screen.

IMO, we've reached and surpassed the Mp level needed for all but a certain small subset of pros who rely on DSLRs, particularly since the 21 and 24 Mp models are nudging up against medium format Mp counts.

It'll be interesting to see whether the DSLR makers continue to push Mp, or if they find another horse to race (like continued refinements in HighDef video within a DSLR body).

Mike, I'd be laughing just as loud if it was zapping Canon. Funny is funny, regardless of which brand of camera one shoots. smilesmile

Anyway, I've seen that Hitler YouTube parody three times now and I still come away laughing my butt off. I love the line about Hitler only shooting JPEG. gringringrin