• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Great Sunday!

We started our day at about 930 and hit our area. First spot probably saw 30 rooster but jumped up to far ahead of us but once they scattered it was exciting all day. Ended up with 8 birds out of 18 roosters. Not bad for 50 percent during late season also did a lot of missing which is always fun too.

DSC00087.jpg

We were actually hunting private land. But we have seen birds on our way down to where we hunt every weekend on WMA's and other areas. We hunt around Madelia MN. Most of the birds were holding in willow patches around rivers or creeks. Hopefully others did good this weekend too!

Myself along with my brother shot our six on Saturday walking right down the middle of a giant cattail slough (WMA) here in the southwest corner. Cold, clear, and windy. Hate the wind but actually forced a few of them to fly into the wind making for an easier shot. Maybe e-mail a pic to muc33 to post this evening. Love the late season.

Nicebirds.jpg

Looks like a good weekend.....we had a good (cold) weekend also. It's definitely fun chasing those late season roosters. We (Lindy Rig and I) hunted Fri, Sat, Sunday in the Willmar area and had some decent hunting (half of the time on private). Saw a lot of hens over the 3 days...and a decent number of roosters. Didn't limit out at all, but that was not from a lack of chances. I did manage to take my limit Sunday morning on private land.

I got Kash out on pheasants for the first and probably time of the year. The vet said his knee injury is doing well so I thought I would treat him to a couple short hunts....he had a blast and saw a ton of birds! He got in some retrieves and was happy to be out in the field again! The little guy (Dex) looks to be catching on pretty good and will plow through cattails if he gets on a scent! He went out on a few short walks/hunts this weekend and got up two roosters which I let go.

We are leaving for Wed. for a four day hunt in Central SD....looking forward to it!

A few pics from the weekend of Lindy Rig and I, and the dogs:

Picture003.jpg

Kash and I with the Sunday morning limit:

Picture007.jpg