• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Free Sprint Instinct

Jari Razskazoff

Alight! I need a new phone, too!

Seriously, though. Sorry to hear that, man. Rig yourself up a pole with a fixed fork on one side of the end, and a hinged hook on the other forming a hand that's moved using a string. Wouldn't be too hard to rig up, and I'm sure the phone will work fine once dried. An underwater camera would help, too

Normaly when a phone gets totaly submerged underwater it's junk. Of all the people I know who have had phones go totaly into liquid one in ten work afterwards.

There is a little round indicator on the back side of cell phones. If the phone has been wet it turns pink or red and then the manufacturer can deny the warranty.

I work outside year round and in the Summer I've had a couple phones get wet from sweat that failed.

I guess I'm not as unlucky as I thought! I jumped in to save a buddies boat from hitting the rocks a few years ago now, phone in pocket. After about 2 hours, I was using it like normal with no ill effects. Like I said, guess I was just lucky. That's a first laugh

I have heard the key is stopping all the juice from flowing through the circuity as fast as possible. I have soaked a few in my pockets while wading and dropped a couple in water (including the toilet once). I pulled the battery immediately and let them dry out a few days. The phone I dropped in the toilet survived it but all the others were not so lucky. I think exposure time plays a big role. Not much help for someone whose phone has been sleeping with the fishes for a few days, but you never know and we all know somebody like hovermn.

I would try to get it and see what happens, worst case scenario you pick up some of your trash and help to keep the lake clean.

Yeah, I did pull the battery out, but only after about 10 minutes or so. We had to get the boat situated first, and I really didn't think about the phone in that situation. While drying, I pulled everything off of it that I could and let it bake in the sun for 2 hours. There was a little condensation in the screen for a day or so, but that cleared up.

This reminds me of a story a car salesman told me once. He dropped his phone in the lot towards the beginning of winter. After being plowed, salted, and sitting in a big melting pile of snow, a lot guy found it the next spring and gave it to him. I guess it was all beat up, but he let it dry out, then plugged it in. Wouldn't you know it, the thing fired up for him, and I guess he gave it to his son. Crazy!

When I had Nextel for work, my old bumbel bee phone sat on a lake over the weekend, and that same weekend it fell into my bait buck, never realizing what it was, it sat there for several minutes untill it dawned on me OH #@(@!!! pulled it appart, let it sit on top of the buddy heater and it worked for 2 years before i had to trade it in.