• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First shots

First pictures with the new camera. I have lots to learn so C&C always welcome with any of my pictures. There wasn't much moving today with the cold and wind blowing. The squirrels wouldn't even pose for a photo. The one good thing was the geese were flying slower for me.

img00551xa4.jpg

rebelxsi011lr7.jpg

Nice shots!, I also just got a new camera for my birthday, nothing special but I'm stoked (fugi fine pix s1000), now if I could just learn how to use it properly hehe.

I would love to learn how to snap pics of birds but never had any luck, Have fun with your new toy and I will keep my eye open for new pics from you.

Nice shots Nymph. That first is stellar! The second one is a little soft probably because your focus was locked on something other that a bird. Probably the feeder. My suggestion would be to lock your focus on a bird by holding down your shutter button half way and put your active target on the bird. Then keep the button pressed half way and recompose your shot and complete the shutter release.

Good stuff tho! Fun isn't it!!!

Thanks Mike. I did a little work with them. The Goldfinch shot was a bit difficult for me at the time. The feeder was swinging in the wind and I wasn't holding the shutter button down and holding it.

gooseresizedbi0.jpg

goldfinchdu8.jpg

I like what you did on those. That first shot is really great with that crop. I love it. The second is much sharper now and the crop also helped it.

If you're not familiar we have a photography club in Hutch. Starting in January we meet on the 3rd Wednesday in the Library basement. This month will be on the 4th Tuesday in the same place.

Think about it. We have a lot of fun!