• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter wear

LOWchaser

If you have an opportunity, stop in at the St. Paul Ice fishing show. One day left. You can see all the suits. I agree with Lee Harvey, take a hard look at the Arctic Armor. Less weight and bulk than any of the other suits plus it will keep you extremely warm and t will keep you afloat if the unthinkable happens.

If you are looking at the ice armor make sure that it is the x suit it is better than the original. The snow suit is probably the warmest but also the heaviest and expensive. Arctic armor light and not bulky. If money is not a problem look at the mustang suits, they are cost guard approved flotation devices.

If flotation is not the most important feature for you, I would go with Cabela's Guidewear. I have fished out of mine for years with no signs of wearing out. Plus this is the only suit with Goretex which has a proven track record for waterproofness and breathability.

The INSULTEX is a proven material in the Arctic Armor and why would one not want the security of knowing if you break through the ice that these suits will give one the chance to survive. They are also waterproof, very warm, less bulky and only weigh 6 pounds.

These suits will give your family alot of piece of mind knowing you are wearing a suit that may save your life. They have been tested and do work.

Bought my Arctic Armor at the Ice Show and got a chance to try it out on Saturday. First I used it to snowblow the driveway and I actually got hot with just jeans and a long sleeve shirt under the suit. Then I went out on the lake and never got cold (just my feet!) and actually had to take the coat off so I didn't overheat inside my portable...without the sunflower heater on. I am hooked, and my wife is glad I bought it for safety reasons. I also plan to wear it for downhill skiing, early and late motorcycle riding, and early and late open water fishing.

I bought the arctic armor bibs at the show and all I can say is i'm impressed. Plenty warm, nice padding, lightweight. Used it for the first time today. Haven't had to use the flotation (knock on wood), but well worth the money IMHO.

Myself and a buddy both tried on a Ice Armour X suit at the show and it felt way too bulky. I felt like the kid on Xmas story with his huge bundle of layers on! I ended up picking up the blue suit, just because I usually do early and/or late fishing. The rest of the time I'm using the wheelhouse.