• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dishwasher ?

Rivernut

Question

Our d.w. is using water for wash and rinse, yet the dishes come out w/ what I think is a film of soap on them. Especially the bottom rack. Tried jet dry, and also the drier in the dw works. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike

13 answers to this question

a couple tips, run the hot water at the sink until it gets hot then start your d.w., dont use to much soap, 2 tablespoons is plenty, if you dont rinse your dishes before washing the holes at the ends of your spray arms maybe plugged with food particles, if they are plugged your spray arms arnt turning. if you have soft water stop using jet dry. simple test to see if your spray arms are tuning: point all your spray arms in one direction, start dw let run a few minutes open and see if the spray arms have changed positions.

Had the same problem.Old dish washer had no problem untill it burnt up(literaly)New one was a POS right off the bat I wasnt happy at all. I used the vinegar trick for a wile and it helped some. Then did vinegar/santiclean setting and no soap and it helped more! It used the soap residue that had been accumilating.

Then bought a water softener and all was well on normal cycle with less soap and air dry. I had been wanting the softner any way just had to wait to aford it.I still cant understand the big difference between the two brands. I know that alot of them are made by the same company but I dont think the next one will be a KM.

We've had the tech out 2 times in the last 3 weeks for the same reason.

Our dishwasher has been doing this since day one, and after 2 years my wife had finally had enough.

He's run through all the tests, said everything is working as it should, but we still get the film on the dishes and food particles on others.

He said pretty much to a "T" what ikatcher said.

the big thing with new dishwashers is with all the rage with efficiency today the water is not heated by the d.w.if the water is not hot enough,it will not break down the soap like the older dishwashers that use the heater to help heat the water, the spotting on dishes can also be caused by hard water, jet dry is a softning agent, thats why if you have soft water adding jet dry is like adding soap to the final rinse. a good way to see if you have hard water is if the heater in your dishwasher has turned white, you have hard water if its still black you have soft water.

What kind you using?

Kenmore elite.

Out tech said to make sure you're using the jet dry, and says that our water is just fine as far as softness.

We're going to start to run the hot water first, and also cut back on the soap, see what that does.

My wife and I had the same thing and never really used the dishwasher, then we started using the Cascade gel caps and those are amazing, our dishes come out clean without any soap residue on them...give them a shot..

Does your Dishwasher drain into your garbage disposal? If it does the water and garbage from the sink may flow into the dishwasher if the hose is not properly configured. The hose need a loop (like a p trap)in it that raises above the disposal to keep the stuff from siphoning into the dishwasher.

GL

HTB