• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shiners

river runt

I was at the EP Gander Mtn a couple days ago, all they had for shiners were small, medium and a hand full of large mixed in.

I ask the clerk about them and he said it will be the same problem as last years supply if not worst.

I hink you will find the occassional larger shiners mixed in with the regular ones - but you wont find those nice large silver shiners for nort fishing anymore - because they cant be transported in.

Funny thing is I am from the Fergus Falls area - and go back to that area about every other weekend. I would find some REALLY nice shiners all year round at one of the local baoit shops around there. They were really nice ones - and I would buy a couple dozen and bring them down here- and they would live until I had used all of them. I am going to try that again this year. But I dont think the local bait stores around here will have a conistent supply - at least of the oarger ones...maybe the smaller ones for the eyes. Could be wrong - keep us posted as to what you find out.

Still have them in the remer area, but they are up to $6.75 a dozen. Thats up $2 from last year.

Do you happen to go to the trading post there?

If so my uncle don owns it!!!

It's a great place to get minnows when he's there because he'll throw in maybe another half scoop if you ask for 2 scoops..