• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"DEVILS LAKE" trips planned??

marshmallow

Myself and three other fishin' fools are planning a trip to the pond somtime this winter.. We are thinking of staying at "WOODLAND" resort.. This will be our "first" time there.. Any feedback appreciated.. resorts,spots, what month is best etc.... thank you..

I have been to Devils Lake many times and can tell you from experience that it is helpfull to have a guide the first time out. Our first time was a waste of a lot of gas in the auger and vehicles. That being said you will have a great time there and just like any other new lake talk with the bait shops and resorts and they should be able to get you on a few fish.

Do they still do the perch train thing?I saw it advertised a couple years back,you just hop off the train and they bring you to the fish.I think it was an all inclusive trip with room and all and looked like a blast.I'll google it

I just called them and they sell out of state license at their bait shop 3 day $17.50, 10 day $27.50,1 year April-March $37.50 He also stated that you can have 4 lines and the perch bite is alot like MN.early and late ice.but the pike and walleye are fairly steady through the season.Looking at their web site this looks like a great place.

That's my old backyard! I'll spend most of my ice time on the road this season just to fish there.

Get ahold of Dosch. He posts a fishing report on the North Dakota Forum and fishes with a guy to show them the intricacies of what is working. I went to high school with the guy -- good fisherman, if a little protective of his perch.

As for times, early and late of course, both for the day and the season, but outside of that, who cares as long as you're fishin'?