• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

F150 Ticking

While a deal hasn't been struck yet, I just drove home a 2006 5.4L F150. With the hood popped, you can hear a quick ticking sound, which sounds like the lifters ticking. The truck has been on the lot for about 100 days, so it's had it's fair share of sitting. Is this something that may go away with some driving, or should I walk away. The truck has 22K miles, and I haven't looked up the VIN to see if the factory warranty is still good.

Whatcha think?

The 3 valve 5.4 engines had an issue with lash adjusters sticking, this would cause a tick. If it has factory warranty bring it in, point it out, they will fix it free of charge and no more worries! There is a tsb for this #6-9-11

Thanks! I printed this out and showed it to the salesman. I ended up buying the truck, and bought the 7/100k ESP, which they were kind enough to take $500 off. The truck came home with me tonight, but I'm going back sometime next week to have them look at the ticking, and replace the rotors, which are warped, under the purchase agreement :-)

Thanks! I printed this out and showed it to the salesman. I ended up buying the truck, and bought the 7/100k ESP, which they were kind enough to take $500 off. The truck came home with me tonight, but I'm going back sometime next week to have them look at the ticking, and replace the rotors, which are warped, under the purchase agreement :-)

I work in the auto industry and I have seen some pretty shady car salesman and saleswoman. But there is a such thing as a trust worthy salesperson. I know a few, only a few. Glad I could help. Just remember that on newer vehicles it is required by federal law that the bumper to bumper warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles-which ever comes first, and 60,000 miles or 5 years on powertrain-engine and transmission. The emissions on the vehicle is also covered to 80,000 miles. Hope you like your truck

Thanks Honda! I'm wrapping up my 3rd day of driving it, and unbelievably to me, I'm starting to like it. I've been a huge fan of smaller vehicles, and it took everything I had to fight my instincts to not buy something so big. However, I'm quickly learning the many bennies of a real TRUCK.

I had to keep from laughing at the salesman's tactics. It was such a game, textbook even. Going in realitively educated in their tactics, and knowing that there are about 1/2 of 1 Billion F150's out there, I had a blast! Absolutely no pressure felt on my end at all. grin

My favorit line after I denied their first counter offer, which the salesman made sound like their final (of course), I said with a smile, "Oh well. Guess I'll move on to the next." He said, and I still laugh, "Man. Yeah. And you drove so far, too." Guess you'd have to hear how it was said. Very exaggerated. I nearly broke out laughing!

You must have gotten a pretty good deal. Trucks are not moving no where on any car lot now. I know that a person traded an Avalanche in for an Altima, before when gas was higher and he only got $4000 trade in for his truck. He was still happy and the truck sat in out lot for over seven months before it even sold. Perfect market if you are looking for a truck now, especially from the big three that are going down the drain.