• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heater Problem

grizzald

Last fall i bought "The Outdoorsman" heater made by the company called Reddy Heater for my fish house. It worked great last year and I went to fire it up tonight and she wouldnt go! The pilot would light but begin to get smaller, almost like there was not enough gas getting to it, so i went and tapped on the regulator with a wrench and that fixed that. Now the pilot stays lit but my burner will not light... Any suggegstions to fix this would be great since I really dont want to have to spend some money on buying a new heater, when this one should work fine for only being a year old!!!

I have the exact problem with my Mr heater Buddy, I called tech support today and the guy said that i need to replace my regulator based on the exact same symptoms you have, so i ordered one for like $7 hopefully that fixes the problem.

Last year i used a hose to a tank and did not use a fuel filter and thats causes oil buildup in the regulator and the pilot assembly, you can try to clean the pilot and the thermocouple with rubbing alcohol and a Qtip to see it that improves anything, but you might have to get a new regulator.