• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I need a Generator...looking for advice????

FrontenacPike

FrontenacPike....if you go to C-List and post that you are looking for a Honda Generator....i guarantee you will have guys emailing you, and you will be able to work a deal in your price range. It is the best one out there...and to get anything else would be a toe-poke in the nuggets.

Originally Posted By: elkrivermn
I would get a Cummins Power Generation (Onan) state of the art gen sets Did I mention Cummins is a USA company? I mean hey do you fisherpeople buy japanese fish houses and haul it out to the lake in a japanese truck drill the hole in the ice with a japanese auger? or babey even go to the japanese bait shop and hook a japanese fathead on your hook, well hows about we support the USA and keep the money over here and besides you get what you pay for.

I love how small minded people sound when they say stuff like this. I'm was born in japan, Have family in japan,and have also live here in minnesota for 19years. Most anything that has electronics in it(Chevy,Ford,Chrysler) the parts come from asia. CHEAPER for us. A toyota Tundra Truck is 95% american made Chevy cant even come close.Anyways back to the subject.Sorry to rant.

We have a Briggs and Stratton 4000 watt generator and a Honda eu2000. The briggs was $600,Honda was $900. Honda hands down is a way better generator. Way less gas,weight,and noise. Maintenance is little to none also. The briggs and stratton actually blew up last year out on mille lacs after 12hours and we had to spend $250 on parts to rebuild the motor.

You missed the point, If you Buy A Toyota that was made in the states maybe you could tell me where the profits for that product go? Does Toyota leave the profits in the states or does that money go to Japan? One huge problem with the US economy is the trade defecit. God bless your family in Japan and I do not intend to hurt your feelings. I'll hae to stick with my guns and say that I worry more about this awesome country and it's people. BUY AMERICAN FOR AMERICA

Originally Posted By: BpAki987
Originally Posted By: elkrivermn
I would get a Cummins Power Generation (Onan) state of the art gen sets Did I mention Cummins is a USA company? I mean hey do you fisherpeople buy japanese fish houses and haul it out to the lake in a japanese truck drill the hole in the ice with a japanese auger? or babey even go to the japanese bait shop and hook a japanese fathead on your hook, well hows about we support the USA and keep the money over here and besides you get what you pay for.

I love how small minded people sound when they say stuff like this. I'm was born in japan, Have family in japan,and have also live here in minnesota for 19years. Most anything that has electronics in it(Chevy,Ford,Chrysler) the parts come from asia. CHEAPER for us. A toyota Tundra Truck is 95% american made Chevy cant even come close.Anyways back to the subject.Sorry to rant.

We have a Briggs and Stratton 4000 watt generator and a Honda eu2000. The briggs was $600,Honda was $900. Honda hands down is a way better generator. Way less gas,weight,and noise. Maintenance is little to none also. The briggs and stratton actually blew up last year out on mille lacs after 12hours and we had to spend $250 on parts to rebuild the motor.

You missed the point, If you Buy A Toyota that was made in the states maybe you could tell me where the profits for that product go? Does Toyota leave the profits in the states or does that money go to Japan? One huge problem with the US economy is the trade defecit. God bless your family in Japan and I do not intend to hurt your feelings. I'll hae to stick with my guns and say that I worry more about this awesome country and it's people. BUY AMERICAN FOR AMERICA

i will stick with who ever makes a better one in this case HONDA!!!! but i hate honds cars lol

How about buy what you want. I try to buy American as much as I can, but sometimes you can save a lot by not. If it's not a huge savings I will buy American, but if it's in the hundreds, well, you have to way those options. I wouldn't put down anyone for a product they buy.

I picked up a Honda 2000 at L&M Supply in Grand Rapids fall for 829.00 I also got 50 more off by signing up for the L&M card. Bottom line 779. The store in Cloquet did not sound like they would match but last year they did for someone.

I have a yamaha 2400 great little generator. Lotsa power and as quiet as the Honda 2000, and the reviews I read out there is they are at least as good of a quality unit as the Honda. I looked at all the Chinese knockoffs and yes the specs are good and may run well but there are issues of where to get the thing fixed if they break. There are not really any place you can take them for repairs even if they are under warranty. Don't matter what the price, if they break and you can't get them fixed.

Theres lots of generators out there and I'm sure lots of them are great. However, when I go to LOW in the middle of the winter I really only see 2 brands....the red Hondas (which cost more, but are extremely reliable...#1 factor in my opinion) and the black/grey/red Coleman Sport (which was my choice this year...replaced an "el cheapo" 1000 watt 4-stroke from sportsmans guide that only lasted 2 seasons). I'm sure any generator you buy will be good, but take it from the guys on the lake...save up, spend the extra few bucks and get a good one...it'll save you money in the long run!

You can cut out the add for the Honda 2000 in the outdoor news for that Grand Rapids shop selling them for 829. and Gander will match.That's what I did last year and Gander also nocked off another $50 for going with there store.just cut the add out.I would not get anything else but the Honda 2000.

I looked at some cheaper generators at Northern Hydraulic last year. This salesman was very upfront with me as to the reputation of a particular generator I was interested in. He had said they had had quite a few problems the first couple of years, but that they had gotten better. The real problem for me was that he said it can be a few weeks before you could get a hold of parts. I don't really care to be without a generator for a couple of weeks. Ultimately, I ended up buying a Honda EU2000 for $869 in the cities. It has been worth every penny! I love the lighweight, compact design. You don't have to be He-Man to lift it out of the bed of a truck.

For everyone that replied thanks you!!! I ended up picking up a 2000 Honda this weekend at Gander in Lakeville. The manager told me they only honor competitors prices withing an hours drive from their location. Luckily with a little people skills and some good schmoozing of the manager he let it slide. I ended up getting it for $839, even he was in aww!!! Once again thanks to everyone in sharing their experiences and motivating me from saving money to getting an excellent piece of equipment that will last me a very long time.