• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo QuickFish 3

rharms

I picked one of these up at the beginning of last season. It's very light and sets up in about a minute. I have had absolutely no issues with it at all and it's got plenty of room for me and all the gear. In fact two guys would still have plenty of room. Just remember to put at least one ice anchor in before you pop it up or you could be chasing it!

I have had one since the first year they were on sale and I love it. Must be 5 years by now. Anyways, I don't plan on getting anything different in a while. Just be extra careful with the zipper, especially when it is below zero. That is an issue with any house with a zipper though, not just Eskimo.

I love the size. It seems it is taller than others and allows for somebody to sit inside the door away from the sled. I like big and roomy so that is why I chose the E3. However, I bought mine used and the windows were replaced with plexiglass because the soft plastic had shattered in the extreme cold. The plexi works well, just have to be careful when folding it up. I am not sure if the new ones have better poles. Mine is the old fahion skinny ones that bend easy, which is a major pain if they need to slide inside of each other. I have notice other very new rigs with stronger poles, but they are usually out of my price market. Overall, I really like mine and you will probably like it too if you take care of it when setting up and down. I love the size because I like to bring along a bunch of equipment and kids. It does set up fast and it is light. When faced with the decision, I would definitely buy another.

I just got mine this weekend. Set it up at home, only took about 1 minute. Seems to be very durable with lots of room inside. The benefit of being 23# is what I was looking for in a portable.

Some people might be confusing Eskimo's product line, the quick fish 3 is a 7 foot cube ice tent while the quick flip 3 is a pull over sled type portable.

To my knowledge the new style of hub portables has only been out for a little over a year.

If I had to do it over again when I first started out, I would have picked up one of these over a flipover style. Very light and easy to haul out on the ice. Trouble with most 2 man portables, they weigh typically between 100-150lbs without the gear - can be a lot of work to tote on a snow covered lake if you don't have a wheeler/sled.

Hub style is also small enough to fit in the smallest of cars. Flip overs or cabin style of similar size you have to have a truck/trailer/van to haul them in.

Seen these on sale for $180, that is 1/2 to 1/3 or less compared to a comparable sized flip/cabin portable. But going this route you'll probably want to spend ~ $50-70 on a decent Otter/Jet sled with high walls.

Yes, this is a nice portable. It can easily fit 2 people and 4 holes with all the gear. Pack snow on the flaps (when there is snow) and you're fine without anchors. At first, it was tricky to get it back in the bag. After a few times though, it was easy. The only bad part of fishing is packing up and leaving.

I highly reccomend that you pick this house up. I have had mine for a little over three years now and I wouldnt replace it for anything. It saves alot of room when I drove a pontiac sunfire and now inside of the accord. It sets up fast, light weight, very durable, suprisingly great in the wind(used on red lake in 40+ mph and it never floped a bit). I angle and spear out of mine and it works like a charm.

Just one suggestion that i want to make is after every single outting I bring mine inside and at least open up the bag or set the entire hous up to dry it out and let it thaw out. It can become very stiff and iced up when its cold but with a little upkeep it will last a long tme. Mine looks like it just came out of the box and I have over 250 outings with mine already!

just got the 3 for christmas. set it up in the folks basement by myself in about 2 minutes out of bag and done my first time, without even looking at instructions. very simple. seems durable and is so roomy. im gonna love being able to stand in it.

I've had mine for three years and have zero complaints. Super durable, super easy to set up and take down. I haven't used the ice screws in at least two years. Unless yo are fishing in ale force winds, all you have to do is bank the flaps wit a little snow and you're good to go!

My buddy bought a quick fish 3 last winter... after helping him set it up, and fishing in the wind...I've been in love ever since. I've never been drawn to the flip over sled houses.

I'm 6'6" and this house offers plenty of room...I think i might have to melt the door on my house this weekend so i can finally go buy a QF3! Might suggest a big buddy heater though. Lots of space to heat.