• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

chequamegon bay

Good job on the name!!!!
Talked to a co-worker that went out off the S-curves south of Washburn last week before the rain . He said that there was 4-5 inches but it was pretty hairy because it was windy.
He said it was pretty slow only 4 flags and nothing on jigging.Hopefully myself I will beable to get out there after the holidays.

good luck!

FLAGG!!!!

Jar Jar

OK, you got me there.

What in the world are the "s-curves" South of Washburn? I fished around Washburn in the summer and fall, but never saw or heard of anyone refer to an "s-curve" before.

hi guys,...i'm up here in ashland,..on chequemagon bay,..went out today out on the east end of the bay,..on the ashland side,.lake access road is 4 miles east of ashland,..anyways there is 12 inches of ice on the majority of the bay,.but you should remember there is a shipping channel in the bay,...strong currents,.ice might be thinner right now,...till later on.,...anyways,..had the Sporstcam down,....seen lots of perch,.but would not bite,..strong east wind i guess had something too do with it..if you come up,...always stop at any of the bait shops,..they'll tell ya where not too go,.i drove out today,.again tommorow,..and move around more and find em,..i'll check back here nightly too see if anyone needs any info on the bay...i live here..

..about the s-curves,....that is in reference too the highway,..when you turn off of hwy. 2,.going east too washburn..the highway makes a "S" curve,..close too the lake,..their is where early ice they catch splake.{trout},..just out in the bay....hope this helps..

Robert,

Great to see ya here. Probably won't be up for ice( not cause I don't want to-- would love to try for the splake and browns ), but I WILL be up in May and/or June for the smallies and would appreciate any info, even though local bait stores and guides do a great job of posting elsewhere on the net.

Even so, keep posting on the ice --- I might not be able to fight the urge to come up.

I would like to come up and fish the bay for smallmouth and walleye. I hear there is a pretty nice motel there in Ashland to stay at. What would be the best plan of action? Go to the bait shops and ask around? Any tips as to timing would be appreciated. Good fishing.

Lots of motels in Ashland. The pretty nice one will probably run you 2 bills a night though-- not including wine and cheese. Was up there last June and it seems there's a price war midweek. Curvecrest had a sign out advertising $29.99 for a double bed. Looked nice enough and I'll be checking it out this May. Last year we camped north of Drummond to save some money-- about 30 min. from Asland depending on how many roadsides you stop at smile.gif.