• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

12 volt powered speakers for I pod

iceman121

Question

9 answers to this question

The sound is good enough and plenty loud enough for ice fishing. If you are looking to plug into a 12 volt deep cycle battery, you will need an inverter or an ac adapter to run it. Unless you like lugging around the 50 lb battery, the rechargeables work nice.

No I am not catching the drift... I am not that bright

the power cube you plug into the wall is a ac-dc transformer normally 9-12vdc meaning most of your home "a/c" powered goods can be hooked up directly to a battery ( at your own risk etc etc )

Your lead and ground wires will connect to the battery. Those wires need to run to a female cigarette lighter plug. Buy a multi-use A/C adapter with adapta-plugs with multi-voltage settings. Read the back of the speakers for details on what voltage and the polarity (+ or -) you need. Place the correct fitting adapta-plug on the adapter (matching the polarity) and make sure the voltage is set just high enough to power the speakers according to the specs. Insert your male cigarrette adapter end (you can do this) into the female end.

Get it?

I've got one of these and i just replaced the batteries last week that where in there from last year and i use it quite a bit.

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again, thank you.