• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass tracker rub rail

Burchoid

Does anyone know where I can get a rubrail insert for an 89 bass tracker? Tracker no longer caries the part, and Taco doesn't make an insert in the right size.

My rub rail was completely shredded and falling appart so I ripped it out. If I can't find a fitting rubber insert, I was think of taping off the rub rail and filling it with a thick truck bed liner or something simular.

Thoughts??

I have a 1988 Bass Tracker 1800FS... and I dont know if you can just get only the insert... you could try West Marine... I am in middle of renovating the boat... and found a suitable rubrail kit at West Marine...

If you have the same boat... and want to know more about what aftermarket stuff is out there... email me and I'll point you into the right directions as much as I can...

Ok I will send you an email. On my boat the rub rail track is built into the 3" wide gunal... its one peice. The insert is just a shaped rubber strip -- you think someone out there would make a replacement.

I think your boat is fiberglass and mine is aluminum if I'm not mistaken...

No you arent mistaken... mine is fiberglass...

Yeah I know what you mean... when something has two pieces to it and one is still good while other isnt... and nobody makes the piece that went bad...

Maybe it'd help whole lot if you got some pics up...

I got your email... I'll reply to it later tonite... as I have quite a few things I need to do... errand run... and hopefully that the info in my email will help you more...