• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St. Croix River and Bass Lake.

I don't know if anyone fishes the St. Croix but I went down there friday at North Hudson and it looked pretty iffy.Still some open water around edges and alot of criss-crossing cracks.Went to Bass Lake SE of Somerset and there's plenty of ice for walking on the north end.About 4-6".Caught a few crappies.Kind of slow.Later.

I would personally NEVER fish an iced over river-- even something as calm as the St. Croix near hudson, though a lot of people do. One pocket of current, eddy, or warm water could turn into a nightmare... And don't even think about going onto the Northern St Croix by Somerset; I fish that area in the summer and it's very un-regualr. lots of patches of current, eddies, etc-- at certain times in the year it can look a lot like the Apple river.

As far as Bass go; I've fished it a few times during the open water season and had mixed results; never through the Ice. I've been Ice Fishing only once in WI; on Church Pine about 4 years ago.