• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fog Lamps Dont Work!

Got a 2001 Chev 2500 for some reason the fog lamps don't want to turn on when I push the button? I checked the bulbs and the fuses and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this happening? I also noticed the daytime driving lights are not working,(same thing with the bulbs and fuses)! Thanks

Fog lamps will only work when low beams are on, not high.

Is the truck from Canada? They have to have day time running lights installed up their and for some reason, when sold in the US the dealers used to deactivate that system (Fords it was like a recall). I think the power of the lights where to great for DRL standards or something to this affect, but ok in Canada.

Did you just get the truck? Have the DRL or fog lamps ever worked?

If yes and no, the DRL might have to be activated via the BCM and a scan tool.

Ya, I just bought the truck so I'm not sure how long they have not been working. The button for the fog lamps does not illuminate when pushed, nothing happends. I see your point with the daytime drivers. I don't know why anyone would have them disconnected,just from a saftey standpoint. That's kind of my issue, I preffer to have them on for the visibilty factor for other drivers. I know I prefer it when others have thier lights on,it's just alot easier to see people.