• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trying new techniqe... what ya think???

Da Biggin

I really want to get into some panfishing this year but i got to looking at some of the jig prices and dont really wanna pay that much for 2 flippin lures! I had the idea this open water season while shopping at gander to use those weighted fly lure packages. These things are created to look like forage and I can get more bang for my buck. Has anyone used these before? Comments on whether you think they will work will be greatly appreciated.

When getting my ice tackle squared away last weekend I discovered that my box of jigs had gotten water inside and almost all of my jigs were unsalvagably rusted. My eyes watered a bit as I threw away about $50 worth of tackle. I turned to that online auction site, can't remember the name wink but it started with an E. You can find some pretty good deals for tackle on there.

the lures that I am refering to are the ones that look a lot similar to ball jigs with the fly tied on the hook leading from the lead head. the packages cost more but when you punch out the money spent-takle gained ratio you get more flies/ jigs for your money. still wondering... anyone else try this?