• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Steve Foss

St. Louis River, Superior side

McClure's Landing road off Hwy 105 was still blocked off by the city on Thursday morning. Will keep checking. Surely there's 5 to 6 inches of ice at McClure's.

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 12-05-2002).]

Talked with someone from Superior Parks and Rec, who said the guys will open up the road when they're sure the ice is thick enough. Thick enough for what, I ask? If it's 5 inches around Boy Scout Landing, it's gotta be at least that thick at McClure's, where there's no current. frown.gif She said it would be "soon."

Its open! I saw it yesterday on the way home from the St.Louis River. I may check it out soon and Ill give the 411.

Yup, saw it open like you did on the way home from Boy Scout. May have to give it a try this weekend. I'll be bringing buckets and a hand auger, though, if I do. Hate trying to climb back up that darn switchback trail on the way out, and with no snow trying to muscle the Fish Trap II would be heart attack city.

I'm thinking of mounting little hinged flaps to the back of the skis I mouned underneath the Trap. Moving forward, they'd just bounce along, but if the trap started sliding backward in the snow, they'd dig in. Hmmmm.