• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Jaspernuts

How big flatscreen tv for perm?

I run deep cycles off of and invertor. I currently have a 13 inch tube tv, but I'm upgrading. Does a 19 inch use a lot more power than a 15 inch? Should I keep it smaller for better power savings? What do you guys run off your invertors?

If you are looking at LCD flatscreens, they use a lot less power than a conventional tube TV, or plasma. I don't think a 19 inch LCD would use a lot more juice than a 15 inch would either, but I have nothing to back that up.

I'm still running the tube setup in mine. Might change after Feb. rolls around though.

i got an audiovox 15 inch lcd with built in dvd player. ac/dc tv. perfect size for my 18 ft house. I watched 3 movies in it this fall with no problems running one battery and the lights were still good and bright. I would not go with a 19 inch cause it just gets too big. my 15 inch sits nicely on a small shelve next to a cabinet.

I would bring it back and forth. First you don't want any one stealing it, and second the condensation from the temp change will sooner or later short the tv out. Trust me I have a stack of shorted out tv's, Now I have a 32 inch Flat screen and take it out every time and I have yet to have a problem and I think am going on my 3rd year with this TV.

got mine off the web --- just did a search for audiovox 15 inch lcd and found several places. I think i paid around 300 for it.

I use a 15" Magnovox lcd, my tv has a seperate external power supply that converts 110 volts ac to 12 volts dc, The tv runs on 12 volts dc, so I went to Radio Shack and got a cigerette lighter power cord with the correct end that plugs into the tv and I no longer need the inverter or the power supply, Both of those items get warm when they are being used and that takes alot of battery power, if you get rid of them a car battery should run just the tv for a couple days.