• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Steve Foss

NW Wis ice this weekend?

Hey all:

Well, a few of you inland from the big lake have found some ice just safe enough to fish on.

Please, as the weekend approaches, post your ice reports here. Partly, it's good for everyone. Partly, I'm being selfish, because if I don't get out this weekend I can't get out until the weekend after Thanksgiving, and then only one of the two days. frown.gif

So, all ice updates needed. And any ice updates from NW Wis. will be especially appreciated. grin.gif

------------------
Steve Foss
Superior, Wis.
[email protected]

I'll Be Up This Weekend & Post
On Tuesday.Are You Getting Any Snow?
Thanks!

We are getting some snow. Not much though. Light snow this morning, and the forecast calls for intermittent snow through the weekend, with no real estimate on how much. Lows have been in the 20s, highs in 40s, but lows are supposed to drop into the teens by Thursday/Friday and the single digits over the weekend, with highs below or just above freezing. That's all by the big lake in Superior, though, could be colder inland.

Keep your fingers crossed.

2 inches of solid ice around the Amery area. Will get out in a few days and let you know.------------Pax

dan in webster,what lakes around danberry are
being fished,where is the ice,have a buddy who lives on the yellow river,could head up this weekend if time allows or the bite is on
going stircrazy in the cities......

stick to the smaller lakes or bays. i've heard they're on burlingame and birch island, and the bays of wood lake. if you head out this weekend, wear orange!

Perch boy,
Don't even bother with owen, it's the last to freeze out of all the lakes around there because it's so deep. Namakagon might be ready. What about Nelson Lake, anybody heard how much ice is on it?

Set the Hook!!

Stinger

Stinger and all:

Just got a report off Nelson (Sawyer County near Hayward) this morning. A bit over 2 inches of ice as of Thursday, only half an inch of snow on the ice, so they're making a little ice each night with lows in the teens, expecting three solid inches by Sunday.

Guys are fishing right off the bottom in the shallow bays in about 4 - 5 feet of water on the shallow shelf before it drops to 10. They're in water shallow enough so if anyone goes through, it won't be over their heads. No one's venturing out yet to the deeper river channel. They're catching crappies and pike, but if anyone's bringing in walleyes, they're not bragging about it.

So Nelson's a possibility, and a certainty for Thanksgiving weekend. Supposed to get lows in the single digits next week with highs in the 20s.

------------------
Steve Foss
Superior, Wis.
[email protected]

Well, fished on Saturday, while all the rest of Wisconsin was banging away at deer.

There were three solid inches of ice on the northwest side of Nelson in NW Wisconsin, and the combined 500 pounds of Northlander and I, plus probably 40 pounds of tow sled and gear, didn't faze the ice a bit.

Fishing wasn't much good. We fished tip-ups and jigging near the 35-foot hole, fished in 20 feet down to 4 feet. Only two flags all day, both (pike) got off, no action on jigging.

But who cared? We got out on first ice and didn't get wet. grin.gif

Checked Amnicon on the way home, and the ice on the main lake looked pretty iffy.