• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Less than a week!!

And how perfect it would be if it was cold this week so I could fish next weekend and hunt the weekend after next. Oh well. Sooner or later . . .

Here is one from one who knows it but one things for certain he is no poet grin.gif

Twas the night before gun season and all through the house the stories were flowing like the cat and the mouse. The cloths were all hung though out the old house in hopes that old mossy would soon fill our scopes.

The hunters were all nestled all snug in their beds While visions of mossy buck danced in their heads;

Then out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a vision of old mossy, and eight mighty deer,

With a flash , so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be Mr. Big.

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and snorted, and called them by name; "Now, bambi! now, bucky! now, PRONGHORN and VIXEN!
On, FORKHORN! on SIXPOINT! on SPIKER and BLITZEN!
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

Away went old mossy as true as could be with songs of the thirty pointer we dreamed it would be.

That morning arrived with friends all a hoping
Ol mossy was just down in the old open.

Then Mossy would run for cover so tight
in hopes that the thicket would not let them bite.

The troops did abound and roam through the woods,
As they looked and searched all through the trees a mutter and groan all mounted and pleaded... "did you see the thirty pointer...."

This story be told for all to hear
that bucky will roam from year to year.
The day may come for bucky to die but his sprit will live up in the sky.
Hunters will talk of bucky so bold;
That be why he grows so old.

So the legend be set for us to master, when bucks grow to that of stature
shoot wisely and safely for that so treasured
you may be the one that is measured
in stature and grace with all that is shown a buck so big and one so bold;

he may be 4 or 6 or 8 with beams that abound and spread so great
but one thing that rages amongst all hunters the trophy will live for ever and ever.

Best of luck to all
shoot straight
shoot safe
And tell lots of stories cause no one will believe you anyway grin.gifgrin.gif

[This message has been edited by BD (edited 11-18-2002).]