• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wappogasset White Bass

My grandpa used to have a cabin on Lake Wappogasset in Amery; it was my favorite place to be. I still have an out of state liscene; altough the only place I got out to this year was Pine lake near Somerset for Northerns. Anyhows.. Wappogasset has a multitude of species including Rock and White Bass. My Grandpa even got a smallie out of there but it was the only one. Lots of medium sized LM bass around 14-15" though. I just find it curious that there are a good number of White Bass in Wappogasset. I caught one which had I known the state record was so small could have considered it a "trophy" fish. It was 18" long and 3lbs. I caught several between 14 and 16 inches out of there too; which I hear from river anglers that fish for them are very big fish. Think a state record could be in there for any interested.... I'm just wondering if someone knows how they got in there if the DNR stocked them or what.

I live in Somerset and i fish pine lake to. A lot of little northerns but if you fish at night you can catch a TON of crappies. most of them are around 10 inches but there are some nice ones its a lot of fun with all the action. I am planning on going up to wappagassett this year a lot because i hear they have a good amount of walleyes. i dont know about the bass but i will probably get out there dec 8

I'd be careful on not getting to anxious to trust the ice on Wappo; it's a big lake and wouldn't freeze over that fast. And defiantly no wheres near the dam. Bear Trap or Twin lakes would likely be safer sooner; and even with the weather this week I'm waiting till next friday to try some ponds around here.