• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey guys,

just wanted to find out if anyone knew if there was ice yet on Ft. Peck res? We have a mid-march trip planned and am hoping for good ice at that time. Anyone fish this reservoir that could give advice?

You will have ice in March, depending on where you are. Big Dry arm, [PoorWordUsage] creek and the more protected areas will hold well into March

Contact the folks at [PoorWordUsage] Creek Marina for more advice. Keedp tabs here and we will keep you posted

Hey all!! I have never fished Ennis Lake during the winter, but was hoping to determine if anyone else has. Am I correct that the place to fish is near the northeast part of the lake where the bridge is?

I was out on Ennis Lake two weekends ago (November 29th) and the lake was pretty much iced over with the exception of a few pockets of open water. Probably about 1 1/2 - 2 inches of ice. Definitely not safe, even for a Minnesotan. smile

Anyway, if any of you are familiar with ice fishing Ennis Lake it would be great to hear of your success.

Is Hel Creek muddy during March because it's closer to the river part of the Ft.Peck? I've heard Big Dry Arm is very clear and a sandy bottom. Hel Creek has some huge fish on their HSOforum from last winter so I'm thinking the fish are there.

How far is it from town to the Big Dry Arm? Where in the Big Dry Arm can you get on the ice? Anyone know how deep the water is in either of those areas?