• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum ???????'s

Fredd

There is enough Vex vs MarCum threads, lets keep this thread on track.

As to the question, yes MarCum LX3 had issues with some ducers.

If you had contacted MarCum customer service those ducers were replaced free of charge. Many were replaced even though they were out of the warranty period. That was some time ago and its understandable your not going to get a new ducer if your LX3 is 3 years old. You should contact MarCum Customer Service if you have questions or a problem with your flasher.

As to the battery life, using a 7 amp hr battery you'll get around 21 hours with your MarCum. You might get a couple hours more using the same battery with and Fl-18.

Biggest problem I have encountered with the ducers is when you try to slide the stop on the cord without wetting or spreading the stop you move it, it will pull in the cable sheilding and damage the wires. Learned that one the expensive way when I got in a hurry frown

I wasn't complaining that I had to pay for a transducer after 3 years, I just have a hard time with sticking more money into a piece of equipment that should be very reliable and you don't expect to stick more money in to. I would buy another Marcum in a heartbeat. I kick myself that I didn't do some more investigating before I purchased a LX-3 (which is a good unit), had I known that there was some issues I probably would have purchased a LX-5. Jon @ Customer Service was great and he gave me some additional tips. When I make any major purchase I usually look for these things:

1. I look at forums like this to see the pros and cons

2. Can I get service and parts easily?

3. Is it made in the USA?

Marcum met all of these requirements!!

There is enough Vex vs MarCum threads, lets keep this thread on track.

As to the battery life, using a 7 amp hr battery you'll get around 21 hours with your MarCum. You might get a couple hours more using the same battery with and Fl-18.

Couldn't agree more ST. Can Marcums use 9 amp batteries? How much more battery life would Marcum get with 9 amps? They are a little more spendy as a replacement, but might be worth it for long weekends.

Fredd, if your sticking with Marcum ... I would go the LX5 if money is not a problem. I see very few comments on issues with them, plus you get upgraded features like dual transducer modes.

CNY, How did you like may Walleye sized head shake grin For the sake of the posters lets all play nice wink

Biggest problem I have encountered with the ducers is when you try to slide the stop on the cord without wetting or spreading the stop you move it, it will pull in the cable sheilding and damage the wires. Learned that one the expensive way when I got in a hurry frown

Take a knife and VERY carefully cut one side of that rubber stopper down to the transducer cord. I was having troubles sliding mine and someone suggested that and it works great.