• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help Us Stock Musky In Green Lake Kandiyohi County Mn

primetime49

Please help us to get 500 signatures to give our county commisioners and the Mn DNR showing that 500 persons would be interested in seeing this species here.

We have a small Musky population that keep showing up on Nest Lake and Green Lake here.These are escapies of the New London Mn fish hatchery that swam into these lakes during high water levels.

Now even small Musky are showing signs of reproduction [pictured Willmar area fishing mn web site]that the DNR says are a good sign that this 100 and some foot deep,cooler than normal for area lake can sustain because of its good food source.

Please take your time to print off this list and sign only one ,get 19 others to sign it and send it to Cabin Fever Post Office Box 11 Spicer Mn 56288-0011

Once we have at least 500 signatures we will ask for hearings to make it public that we want this species to thrive and even enhance these lakes with their presance.

ex. #1Dave Roe Suffragate City Mn 55c32

Primetime,

I'm all in support of a Green Lake musky fishery. This would be an outstanding lake. But with what you're requesting, who are these signatures going to? The address you shared says, "Cabin Fever". Who or what is this? Just looking for a little clarification and more info. It shouldn't be hard to get 500 signatures if this is what your local fisheries people want. However, it's often times way more difficult to get people to take action than it should be. So I would shoot for as many as possible, even if you only need 500 to get them to listen.

I know members of the MMA (Minnesota Muskie Alliance) are already working on plans for new lakes to be proposed. Maybe work with them as well if you aren't already doing so. They have been working very closely with the DNR over the last few years on the long range management plan and would be able to help out with all of the proper steps you would want to take.

Aaron

AWH

signatures will go to combination of county commisioners[people seem to think that only DNR has pull with outdoors]a couple legislators[i have used them before for new legislation]and the DNR[locally they were for two different lake chains here getting Muskie]

Our battle is that once lake owners association gets a say on species they just get all bunched up against any fish other than Walleye being promoted for lakes.Very few if any board members fish regularly.Most dont even fish.

In the past 10 years I have always been the one to put on a sports show or outdoors gathering[new types].I have worked with different groups that want to add a tournament[any species].

The one thing we did was give space to Lake Owners Association {kandiyohi county ]for meetings at different events and the DNR[that are not allowed to pay for space].This brought them face to face with the general public.Unfortunatly its been over 4 years since we have had these events.

We will work with and take positive information from any group and would hope that when we have 500 signatures they can come and represent their findings.

One problem is local politics.You will find that groups here will pay thousands of dollars to knock any species of fish if they can find a popular fisheries speaker with clout that will say exactly what this group wants to here.

It works for them but not for me.

Cabin Fever is just our mailbox for when we used to write newspaper and do some radio and sports shows[all proceeds would go to enhancing outdoors and back to families that shared property and waters with persons needing to recreate]

I am over a year behind on pushing for species introduction as personal injury sidelined me.Now as my health returns and strength I will do what I can to help with introduction.

The really cool part is that muskie is native as it found its way to lakes and is reproducing.Sometimes evolution can happen in one generation ,this is the one generation that should accept it and enhance it.

Primetime, Did you talk to the DNR yet? The Vikingland Chapter of Muskies Inc. tried to do some stocking last fall, but we were blown out of the water. Maybe you could come to a meeting, second Tuesday of every month. Maybe we could help each other.

Later...

Rockin Randy

they brought it to one of the clubs I am in before it went public

locally they are all for it

we are looking for great amount of support to get it back in motion

guess we just need to do what we are upto here

a lot of signed petitions

I will try to get to one of your meetings soon

eyehead and muskie

the real big need now thru February is signed petitions

either print off the ones we have here or on other sights

only 20 signatures per copy and be very carefull to give mailing address and sign only one

we are working at getting persons on lake association boards that fish and would educate others about the positive sides of Muskie

As of now several different clubs have been telling us they are sending information to us and have invited anybody interested to attend meetings they are having

Any printed information is also very handy

cant read my computer in fish house or when not at home so besides what we get here anything printed

Cabin Fever

Post office box 11

Spicer Mn. 56288-0011

We are sitting with less than 100 signatures,none locally after several weeks of requests.

It will take 500 signatures to get a proper audience[per one of our county commisioners who is for species]

Please think of printing off a petition and send it to us.

We would like to have a late March meeting and hope it can be done. thanks

it is the end of January and thought we should let you know that we are sitting with only a few more signatures than last month

locally its pretty quiet,but the signatures I am working on are the persons that own property on Green,Nest George,Calhoun etc.

We have some guys that offered to take some property owners to Leach,Milleacs,and to river[bowlus].i like that area mentioned last as it is the very closest spot to here [about 50 miles away]that fishing can be good'

any help would be great

thanks

it is the end of January and thought we should let you know that we are sitting with only a few more signatures than last month

locally its pretty quiet

Hmmm....Locally it is pretty quiet? I guess I would be inclined to respect the local's wishes and leave the lake alone.

Please don't ruine a good lake by puting muskies into it... Keep Green the way it is. If you want muskies go to Millacs.

You shoving fish into your face during fish fries affects the lake more than a handful of muskies. Not everyone just wants to fish for panfish and walleyes. This lake sounds like a prime candidate, why do the uninformed always insist on shooting it down?

Correct me if I'm wrong but arent most of the top destination lakes in MN for walleye and smallies also a quality muskie lake??? Just a few off the top of my head, LOTW, Vermilion, Millacs, Detroit Lakes/Alex, Bemidji...

You must not be reading the topics about Millacs on here its no longer a top walleye destination laugh

You must not be reading the topics about Millacs on here its no longer a top walleye destination laugh

Yeah because the "muskies ate them all..."

I love the uninformed/under-educated anglers who think muskies are a bad thing (not saying you are one of those guys, mrklean). I don't even fish for them, and I wish they were in every lake in the state; they are one of the greatest things that can happen to a fishery.