• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Shotgun

you can't go wrong with either one.

I've got an SX2 and love it. I've also had a Beretta A390 that was a nice gun but it just wasn't the right fit for me.

Either way, you've got a lucky kid if their getting either of these guns.

I have never shot an X3, but can tell you the Beretta 391 is a wonderful firearm. Rattlereel said it best, get it fit, do it right it is an investment that will last a lifetime if taken care of. Good luck and let us know how you turned out.

I vote for the 391. I have one and love it and highly recommend it. As for only holding 4 shells, I believe it comes set up to hold 3 shells. There are instructions you can follow to make it carry 4 shells. Not sure why that's a downside. I left mine at 3 and to be honest I've never missed the extra shell or two.

I know of 11 Beretta 390 or 391 owners and every single one of them loves them. I know of 2 that own the Winnies and 1 likes it while the other has had problems.

As mentioned, fit is important. Berettas come with shims to change the stock fit so you can customize without messing with the stock.

My vote is easily the Beretta.

Farley

have you had any problems with the dura touch coating rubbing off?

i have had my X3 less than a year and almost all of the coating is rubbed off. winchester is going to replace the gun at the end of the year because of the coating and some other mechanical issues but just wanted to know if u have experenced any problems.

and dont take this the wrong way i take very well care of my gun just have had alot of issues with this one.

loosegoose I

Quote:
recomand sheels thats where i got my X3 and they are taking care of everything for me all i have to do is bring my gun back to them when i have time and they said they will send it in to get replaced and if winchester wont replace it they will. very easy to work with.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up getting a 3 1/2" SX2 at Scheels for $699. The same SX3 was $999. I know the SX2 is a year old model but I figured it is still a new gun and for $300 difference I hope I made the right decision.

thats a great gun and you shouldn't have any problems with it, they also pattern extremely well. i shot one for a few years, and but got the 1st sale of an SX3 at the gunshop when they got onto the market, i previously shot one and absolutly fell in love with its handling. not to complain about the x2, but the x3 just had a near perfect fit.. then i put the one of the casting shims in it and that was the frosting on the cake.