• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Howdy

Alright, we can post. Thanks for gettin' on that Catman, good job. Nice to see there's some banter goin' on already. Glad to see the participation. I'll do my best to check in and post when I get out as well, my time is a bit limited however, especially during the week. I live in Northwest WI. as does Catman, matter of fact, we are about three blocks from each other. We have hooked up a few times, but he has yet to show me that pike action he speaks of. Actually, I prefer crappie, or walleye fishing, but I like to think I have an open mind for something different. Anyway, we'll keep you informed when either, or both of us get out. It might not always be good, but, you know, that's fishin', right? Looking forward to sharing info, and possibly meeting/fishing with some new buds.

Set the Hook!!
Lundman
(aka,Lundman)

Lundman:

Remember our fishless Lake Owen trip last winter?

It was on the southwestern end on the north side of the lake, looking for those unmarked rock humps.

I had all my good luck for pike on tip-ups on the eastern of the two "rabbit ears" on the other end of the lake. Gotta 4X4 through the national forest road to get to that access. You know the one, right across the road from Bass Lake and by the campground. There's a gravel bar sloping toward deep water and some weeds, too.

The public access on the western rabbit ear looks good too, because there's a good weedline next to deep water near that access. That's where I'll probably try this winter. It's a heck of a lot easier to get to. smile.gif

We'll have to do a trip or two for pike, then you can guide me too a couple good walleyes spots to go with the crappie spot you showed me last winter. And I know you know way more about Owen than I do. grin.gif

------------------
Steve ([email protected])