• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Wisconsin Forums by Area

Just a note,
I'm willing to give Wisconsin their own Regional Category and break it down with Forums by region/lake/area, just like the Minnesota regions.

I just need good moderators(field staff) for the area to be added to help answer questions.

If you know the lakes and are willing to visit your area forum regularly to answer questions, let me know.

Use the "Contact Us" link below.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Horns make some otherwise normal people crazy. I'm not a horn hunter myself and that is one reason why.  
    • Dang what a shame not cool at all. I agree with leech. That’s more than enough acreage for more than one hunter to hunt. If he had the guts to go talk to the neighbor lady and she was fine with it then all is good. If this “kid” ( old guy) has an issue with it then he needs to grow up It’s not his land. Not many kids even hunt anymore so the fact that he wants to is great. Let him hunt some and if it continues to be an issue then maybe just tell him to pull the plug? I’m also dealing with some crazy neighbors right now that continue to feed. The CO has been out many times and they still do the same thing tickets have been given and there’s been some talking. I hate to “ tadle” on others but when people think they have rights that others shouldn’t have then that’s where a CO may come into play. Not saying you need to do this but if he comes barging to the door and demanding your son leave then maybe something needs to change and maybe he shouldn’t be allowed there. 
    • Leech- I thought about that same thing.  I do not know the guy or the family, so unsure of what the dynamic is there.    Thanks for the responses.  We are going to head over there this evening and talk with the lady. My plan is take it down either way.  If she says he can still hunt, and boot the other guy, or even let them both hunt i dont think if the experience is going to be anything we are looking forward to dealing with.  We have 10 acres at our house he's hunting too, and going to do some more knocking on doors.  I get being protective over his "spot". It just bothers me that he would be so unwilling to allow a 15 yr old to experience what he clearly loves to do.  Life will go on.  We will be in Montana in Oct, chasing elk and mule deer. He wont be missing out!  Those bucks are roaming the river bottom we live on, maybe the ultimate revenge will be having a chance to shoot one of them on our own land we are grooming for wildlife together.
    • Dang, I just moved Duff higher on the LIKE count!  😕
    • Beisswengers Hardware in New Brighton.  Top sales of Honda Gens and excellent service. Beisswengers
    • I would get a dlb ladder stand and sit with my kid as much as I could.  Don't let the dude bully you if you have the right to be there as well.  She may not know the age of this person if he had his kid go down there and get permission and he is really doing the hunting?  
    • He has permission from the landowner, let him hunt. If the 50 year old does anything to affect his hunt that is "hunter harassment" and he should be charged. 
    • Obviously the guy has "passion" for "his" hunting spot.  I would try to meet him face to face with your son and see if you couldn't reasonably discuss it and come to an agreement.  Possibly do it at the landowners home if you want to put him in his place.  This of course first goes with how you feel this gentleman would be towards a talk.  After all it is not his land and he can't just bully his way around.  Now if you feel he is psychotic then don't bother.  I have a chunk of land that I can't hunt (even though I have permission and all the rights to hunt it) because the neighbor is crazy enough that he will possibly hunt me and I don't need that feeling of being hunted.  Hope you can work things out!  People get funny when it comes to hunting land especially when they know there is a bigger deer in the area. 
    • Can anyone suggest a good place in the North Metro to get a Honda EU2000 tuned up? Been running problem free for 6 years so I figure it's time.   Thanks in advance for the help.
    • Tough deal on this one.    You've got to decide how much fight you want to put into this.  There are also a lot of life lessons here to teach your son just depends on which one you want to focus on.    In most circumstances I would start out by going to the landowner and explaining the issues and see if you can get it resolved.  However, with it being an 85 year old woman you'll have to decide if you want to drag her into it. I'd probably at least inform her of the issue so that she's aware of what is happening on her property and what type of person is out there.  She should at least know that much as the landowner  If she wants to make it right then so be it but I wouldn't push her on it.  Just leave it as a heads up and let her know your son will move on as to not cause trouble if she doesn't seem like she's got it in her to straighten things out.