• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

line twist ???

icecold

Quote:
what is the best way to prevent line twist?

Presuming it is not your lure shape-size interacting with the current and jigging action - spool your fresh line correctly, that's the best way to be sure.

Assuming spinning reel on ice? Most reels spin clock-wise viewed from from the front, so that means you need to set your fresh store-bought spool down on the floor so the line comes off counter-clockwise when viewed from above as you spool up.

I agree with federline. You should always make sure you spool your line correctly. I am surprised a swivel does not cure your issue. What kind/shape jigs are you using?

I had this issue last year when I started jigging with an airplane style jig. The swivel solved my problem right away...

Good luck!