• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Red BArn ice rods!!!

I bought a couple new Red BArn ice rods just before my trip to Buffalo BAy on LAke of the Woods.
One was made with lighter action than the other. However, both were made to my requested specifications! I like longer ice rods. 30+ inches. These are around 32 inches.
Frank from Red Barn was happy when I asked for the longer rod. He said that he wished more people would ask for a longer rod since it allows him to make more use out of the blanks and the fisherman/rod will in turn see better action.

How true!!! My lighter rod held up well to a fighting 8-9 pound Northern. Great action, sensitive and of course fine looking as well!

If you haven't purchased a custom made ice rod, I highly recommend it!! Mass produced ice rods are hard to pick through until you find exactly what your looking for. Why spend the time when you can give Frank at Red BArn rods a call!!!!

Jim W