• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Micro Plastics Storage Ideas?

blackdog1101

I use the bait holders Jonny P is talking about in the summertime, for jigs and bigger plastics and rigging components, etc. They work great for that but the ones I have are bigger than I need for ice fishing. But I think I'll look around for the same thing in a smaller size for ice fishing, they really are convenient to use.

I found a ice fishing lure holder that has much smaller compartments than the plano that I use in the summer. On one side it has about a dozen small doors to seperate the micro plastics and the other side has on large door for keeping some of my jigs. I found it at Cabela's.

Hope

Check out Fambeau Blue Ribbon Fly boxes. They have various configurations that small compartments that are perfect for small plastics. Really like the lid system (spring loaded). Much nicer than the Plano boxes IMO. Kinda pricy, but worth it for me. Go to their Flambeau Outdoors HSOforum to see all the models.

Hmmmm, those new Jumbo nuggies look pretty cool. I could see using them on something like the size 6 Optic jig little atom offers for walleyes through the ice. Would you say they are about the right size for doing something like that Mason? They look a lot bigger than even the regular Nuggies do.

I started using Little Atom stuff last year and LOVE their stuff.

I use a box similar to what Mason uses, but mine is a lot smaller. Same idea with the compartments though. Mine fits nicely in the netting under the seats of my Fish Trap.

gill man

Black

I use a plano style box too. The box just stores my plastics or re-freshers.

For on the go fishing, I use Tackle Pouches from Today's Tackle (the largest sized). One for each type of plastic I might be using. Lindy Micro Minnows, LA Nuggies, Wedgies, etc. Throw the pouches in my Ice Armor pocket and am rocking on the ice. If I need a re-fill, back to the plano I go.

I used the pic with all the packets a while back for an article, was already in photobucket. Its nice to have everything by color, and by going across they be the same type, like second row down, Micro Nuggies, just look left or right for the color you want to use. I really like the 3600 tray cuz it has the most slots available in a standard size.If you find something different that works, show a pic, always looking for better ideas.

A number 6 Optic might work, was actually thinking of trying a 1/8th oz FireBall LiveBait from Northland, and just skip the stinger. They are definitely a lot bigger that the Orginal, think Rick really came up with a winner, cannot wait to try it out on Saginaw Bay this winter for walleye. Could also see it being fished horizontally off of the treble of a Forage or BuckShot Spoon.

After a few days of fishing a lake, I am like Jim with a smaller 3500 tray, loaded with the colors and types I have found to work, into the Vex or Ice Armor suit pocket for on the run.