• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spike Orders - Were getting close

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys that have used Vados before.. I left a message with them this morning and hearing there voice mail message it sounds like they only ship Mon thru Thur. I want to see if I can put our final order in tomorrow for arrival Mon. if they only ship as there voice mail says I will put it in Sunday night on-line and the packsge should arrive at my house on Wednesday.

All set guys order is in. Allison will ship first thing Monday and will have them Wednesday. Guys ordering waxworms they will come in tubs of 250 ea. She will call me with the total with shipping on Monday morning. Right now I will probably head out to Todd's Wednesday to make a drop so if you guys want to get together with Todd Wednesday or Thursday to pick up.

Todd if it's o.k. with you I'll leave Dougs, Chris's and Sammy's order with you.

I'll take care of the rest of the guys local or on the next ice trip whatever you want to do..

Sammy we use white spikes. Colored possibly for tourneys but the white are so much hardier than the colored ones. The dye that euro's eat just shortens there life in my experience.

Guys going by the HSOforum not including shipping.

Tim - $25

Todd - $47

Z - $9

Craig- $9

Tuzzy- $9

Doug - $23

Chris- $23

Ray - $9

Frank- $23

Bruce- $9

Jimmy- $9

Kyle - $9

Sammy- $23

I asked for a pro staff break but I guess they receive quite a few requests. Allison said she would check to see what she can do but it sounded doubtful. It never hurts to ask anyway..

I am teaching my last Lab of the Semester that night crazy...If Kirkville/Chris/DoeA$$ might possibly grab mine and meet me on his way back through at the Restaurant to pick up the Jakester...I would be obliged...BTW Kirkville...I thought you were getting out early on Monday to hit my back 150 for Whitetails?

Timmy...THANK YOU for the bait...BTW, I don't understand your logic fully on the Colored Maggots confused...what does the Tourney's have to do with colored bait???

What...fish don't bite colored maggots unless they know a Tourney is going on?????

I am teaching my last Lab of the Semester that night crazy...If Kirkville/Chris/DoeA$$ might possibly grab mine and meet me on his way back through at the Restaurant to pick up the Jakester...I would be obliged...BTW Kirkville...I thought you were getting out early on Monday to hit my back 150 for Whitetails?

Timmy...THANK YOU for the bait...BTW, I don't understand your logic fully on the Colored Maggots confused...what does the Tourney's have to do with colored bait???

What...fish don't bite colored maggots unless they know a Tourney is going on?????

Aw if you want we can wait till thursday as long as Timmy is good with that?

Thursday is O.K. with me guys.

Doug - the logic is bang for the buck on the spikes. Colored ones never last long, that's my experience with them maybe someone else has had better luck with the colored ones than I. If anyone has had colored spikes that lasted from the start of ice to 3 weeks into the open water crappie season I would like to hear from them. I only used em in tournaments so that is my only experience with them. I'm sure the pannies would love colored ones as well or better in some situations.

Tim,

A few years back I got a mess of the colored ones from Vados. Three colors if I recall correctly. They held up well. I bit more temp sensitive outside of fishing temps. Warming seemed to shorten the life span a lot. Had to change the media more and I added some food as directed but they lasted pretty long. NOT close to as long as naturals though. Did better than mousies though. Although, I've got a lot of fish on mousies for some reason. Did color seem to matter? I tried my own little test that year and IF it did, it wasn't much of a difference. Just my 2 cents.

Timmy...some of the best things in life are "Short Lived"

I still don't understand...can you only get them in volume confused

If I know you correct, nothing stands in your way(even money)...so, if you say not to bother...than I am listening cool

Doug - Yes you can get them in volume. We have fished white only so many years that i don't think it makes a significant differnce particularly for gills and crappies, white spikes or plastics work, right jig, presentation, you know the drill. Deepwater perch on a negative bite maybe color makes a hair of a difference but we have used white for years and I'm not changing. Sure I'd like to see a study to see if it made a statistical difference for tournament fishing but not for the recreational catch and release most of us do. But I think there's to many other factors and variables to consider other than the color of the bait. Take Todd he fishes hair jigs and with no bait at times and he slings better than most. Like Jay and I say it's the guy behind the trigger, bait is just there to provide scent as fars I am concerned. Good discussion that's for sure. Dark Cloud will weigh in too after he get's back from gander..