• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabela's gift card offer...

mnrstrider

FYI I just got some type of gift card offer from Cabela's in the mail, and since Cabela's is a tad far away, I found out any Gander Mountain will honor these cards just the same as Cabela's would, so just in case you don't have time to drop down to Cabela's, drop on in to your local Gander Mountain.

Thats not the gift card celebrating one of Cabela's grand openings???? The one I got in the mail, you had to spend money and they gave you money back. If you spent $500 at Cabela's, they put $150 cash onto the gift card. One heck of a deal!! I managed to put $400 on my card so I have $100 cash coming back to me next time I go there.

So Gander is accepting these too??? I have another one that I need to use also.

Took advantage of this as well. Purchased a shotgun so I got $150 in store credit. Picked up a couple things I've been needing and still have some left over if you can believe that. $150 in Cabelas? Like a kid in a candy store.

not always.

with respect to the distance cabelas is from the TC by issuing a card with that kind of rebate, they must have a program set up where it won't significantly affect their margins.

Now knowing this and that they have this program "built in" and their competition does not, I know for a fact gander would rather not accept these if they had a choice, but to keep people from traveling to cabelas they are willing to do so.

Trust me everything is done for a reason and nothing is FREE

Im goin to cabela's this weekend to pick up a deerstand. Do I need to have the card to get the rebate deal? If so where would I get one from? I need one of those flashlights that you strap on your head and it would nice if I didnt have to pay for it.

You do not need a card. Get a copy of the offer at the front desk or print it out from the web from the link above. When you check out, tell them you want the gift card with your purchase. I did not have a card going in but now I have one for $75.

Happy spending!

After reading of the "gift card" here, Saturday I picked up the Vex FL-18 that I've been lusting after the past couple of years.

Store personnel promised that they'd have a better selection of flip-over shelters before the first of the year -- that's where my $150 "gift card" will go.

There's a couple of ways of doing the math on this deal, but if I figure that I'm getting $650 in merchandise for $500, that's about 23% off (somebody check my math).

While it's not what I'd call a giveaway, it gave me a reason (excuse?) to buy a couple things that I couldn't justify (in my own mind) otherwise.

?? Does anyone know for sure whether the "gift card" must be used in-store, or can it be used for mailorder??

Must be used "in-store", no mail or internet orders. What did they have for flip over houses. Going down on Thurs. and that was #1 on my list. Isn't the 1st of the year a little late to be getting ice fishing stuff on the floor?

Thanks

Brandon

Thanks. . .I may have to stop by a Cabela's farther north than the one I visited. It was their smallest store (Kearney, NE), and I think they had one suitcase style and a one-man flip-over (might have been a Trap).

Regardless, the "gift card" will not go unspent!

Just a note to the bass guys: The bargain cave has a huge pile of senkos in the fishing section on clearance. I am talking about the Owatonna store. I already have too many stick baits but I thought I would pass the info along.