• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dewalt 18v batteries

hovermn

I just took over a shop with 7 Dewalt 18v batteries, half being XRP, half not. However, I only have 3 chargers. The drill and vacuum are really the only tools I use, and I may only go through 1 battery on any given day, so there will be 4 idle battiers not on chargers.

My question is, what can I do to preserve the life of the batteries? I'm not talking about run time, I'm talking about keeping these batteries healthy. I plan on numbering them 1-7 to at least keep track of them. Would it be wise to top off the idle batteries weekly, or should I try and rotate through them. Any suggestions?

That's what I thought.

While we're on the subject, I heard a couple of years ago that second generation and newer NiCad batteries don't develope a memory. That you're able to stick them on the charger to top them off anytime you want, and not only when the battery's dead. Is this true? I know that when they first came out, that was a HUGE no no.