• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is it a "Barry Bonds" buck and was it smuggled from Minnesota?

lakevet

That is just like catching a fish in one lake and bringing to another lake. It happens a lot and people should be charged for it. Or maybe releasing your goldfish in a lake instead of flushing it down the toilet. But if you flush it down the toilet doesnt it eventually go to a river or lake???? I dunno...

i think i fiannly got this barry bonds buck thing figured out, i think im the last one tho. ya i would be insulted if someone asked me that after i showed them a picture of one of the nice bucks i hav harvested. i think if you hav to ask everyone with a nice buck if they poached it you obviously dont hav much tact and might not be far from doing it yourself. i wouldnt definitly reevaluate my ideas bout the "barry bonds buck thing: if i were u.

It is a sad state of affairs when people assume that cheating or unethical behavior contributed to a successful hunt. I find it disappointing that people are now guilty until proven innocent. I am not sure if it stems from jealousy or a pessimistic outlook on life in general. Why is it so hard to believe that people accomplish incredible things, in hunting and in everyday life, through good old fashioned hard work?

Quote:
I am not sure if it stems from jealousy or a pessimistic outlook on life in general. Why is it so hard to believe that people accomplish incredible things, in hunting and in everyday life, through good old fashioned hard work?

A lot of these are the same people that think Minnesota doesn't have big bucks and that the DNR is doing everything all wrong. I suppose that instead of people thinking that we have big bucks here that are able to be taken, it must be easier for them to think it was taken illegally.

Yeah, I think I'd be a little bit hot if someone asked me if I shot my deer legally or not, not to mention quite offended.

From the other "Barry Bonds" post, it made it sound like your buck was tainted as well if you spent too much time scouting or in the field and not enough time with your family. That your priorities were wrong and thus, yeah, you got a big buck, but what in life did you sacrafice to get it? I'd be pretty hot under the collar if someone implied that too.

I scout and hunt hard each year to fill my bow tag(s), plural when I had multiple. So yes, I spend a good amount of time doing it. But I'm able to balance it with my family life and spend time with them, much more so than I do hunting. Just like my wife is able to do so with her shopping and hobbies and my kids playing with their toys, etc. Getting time to do your own thing is a healthy part of any family relationship. If you're not allowed to, or you feel restricted from doing so, that's a sign of serious trouble on the home front. An overbearing spouse with pent-up anger, etc.

My wife encourages my hunting because she knows it makes me happy and she knows I spend exponential time with her and the kids. So yes, I did take a Barry Bonds buck this year and my whole family coulnd't be happier! Especially my four year old son, who kept yelling "Dad shot a deer, Dad shot a deer." My favorite picture is he and I proudly crouched behind the buck. It also meant he finally stopped asking me "Dad, did you shot a deer?" every time I got skunked. lol

It is sad some of the things we are seeing and hearing with regards to hunting/fishing, especially deer hunting. Tune into the outdoor channel for some real sad sights. Why is it when a kid gets to be on a show they rarely get to take the big boy ? They get does and some young bucks. Is it because of cost and that the adults have already spent a fortune taking there deer on the ranch. Is it that important we get to see the killing shot or that it's caught on camera. It's an anything goes world that revolves around the dollar. I'm happy I got to experience the 1970's and 80's.