• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowfishing In MN

Solocam Hunter

I just started last year and what I did is go on lake finder and look up lakes with a high population of carp in them and also look at water clarities. Don't bother going to a muddy lake. Most lakes are all clear in the spring but nud up as the summer goes on. Also make sure to call your local DNR officer and make sure it's legal on the lake you choose. They can be kind of fussy with that stuff. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Spring is probably the best time to bowfish. Check any creeks near you that are connected to lakes or rivers come spring. Once carp run into creeks they are easy pickings. Most lakes in your area would offer good shooting from a boat, but you need to check city ordinaces to see if you can discharge a bow in town. Calm mornings are usually good for finding carp up shallow in bays. I shoot a lot of south metro and southern MN lakes and rivers. Our group of arrow slingers would be happy to take you out some if you want to drive down some day next spring.