• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Under water camrea ?

icefisher4ever

i have an under water camrea and i used it last nite and it worked wel and they i stepped away and came back and saw that the camrea looked a little foggy, so i pulled it up wiped it off and sent it bcak down. I could see the ice when i put it through the hole but once it was in the water it looked like it was foggy again, i would hit bottom and could not see anything, and it was bothering me. I tryed playing with the contrast and the light dimmer and nothing seemed to help, so any help or info would be great and thank you

I had this problem before I had to get a new one the pressure would push down on somthing in the camera and it wouldnt work. it would work outside or just under the water but as soon as you got down to 12 or more feet she shut right off! I bought a new camera all together because mine was just getting old but you could maybe call the manufacture or take it to a camera shop for a stretch!

My marcum works pretty well at night. Fish don't seem spooked by it at all. Fog in the lens is an indication that a seal might be loose, letting moisture in. Telling us what kind of camera might help get some answers rollin' for ya'.

Well i dont know the name of the camrea off the top off my head since im at school, all i know is that i bought the camrea from cabelas, and i think is made by cabelas. I really like using it cuz i can see what the bottoms like and i just got it last feb so i dont know what would be wrong with it.

Its sad to say but that little guy is like my life-line when im out fishing. And haveing camrea lights on the camrea shouldnt effect my viewing on the screen would it??

Thx again guys

Depending on the model, yes the lights will make a difference in what you see. Older models have the led light directly next to the camera lense giving that "snow" effect from the light hitting off of particles and other things in the water. Newer models like Marcum's VS series have the lights placed further away from the lens resulting in a longer range of viewing. I know what you mean about these camera's being important. Unless you have a flasher or a camera, finding fish can be quite a challenge. I suggest returning the camera to the big C. Typically there customer service is great. Good luck.

under water cameras are nearly worthless at night

Not my Marcum, with the darkwater technology and a crystal clear picture to start with I use mine at night often in the stained waters of Upper Red Lake, we have even filmed segments for TV shows at night with the MArcum camera. Now granted you are not going to have the distance or the best picture in the world but the new higher qaulity cameras really do a great job at night.

AS for the fogged up lens you have to be getting moisture in the camera itself, maybe even coming in from a nick in the cable.