• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend plans!

JRedig

I will be chasing big pike through the ice in 1-2 weeks. That is the closest I can get to catching a muskie until June, or maybe May if I fish Wisconsin opener. I got a legitimate 46" pike this summer where I will be going this winter for some pigs. Should be a riot.

DH~

Ya don't have to wait til June.....we are headed down to IL this spring to hit Kinkaid with Chad Cain. Might make a run down to TN from there and fish on a lake that Doug Johnson "winters" at and has been catching some pretty good fish on it. Should get the juices flowing just enough to so that when I get back it will be time to start getting ready for the MN opener.

Well, that's a wrap. Nothing great to report unfortunately. Tonka opened back up today, bays covered in ice, but the main lake was wide open. I was the last boat off the lake, about 6pm tonight. Casted until our hands were numb, trolled the remaining time. Not even a follow today, not so fun ending on the worst day of the year for me. Great to be out as always, but I really thought the fish would be going with the weather change. I've had a pretty consistent pattern that I thought would really turn on and it was a total bust. Didn't even find bait hardly at all.

I'm gonna try and forget about everything to do with muskies for a while, it's been a hard fought battle till the end. Here's to what next year can bring, till then, tight lines.

My muskie cure is done until June. Caught a 29" walleye last night to keep me happy. I got to be honest I don't remember walleyes EVER fighting this hard. Catching big walleyes through the ice is a blast and it is actually a lot harder getting them up the hole than I ever remember as well. This fish was fat as can be as well. Let her go to fight another day. It's kind've nice to be the only one on the lake again. That never happens when muskie fishing, but we all live with it.