• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

favorite frozen pizza?

tedl

Heggies. I also like Tombstone and Jack's. My FIL works for Kraft and he used to get tons of freebies. Always loved visiting the in laws in college and even now because there was free frozen pizza and beer stacked up in their freezer and fridge.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the kettle river, but my favorie it Square One pizza made in Siren WI. You can get them at the creamery in alpha and a lot of other stores/bars in Burnett County. The Sausage and Swedish cream style are darn tasty.

Okay, I gotta chime in on this. We picked up a Shirks over the weekend. (From the recommendations here. grin ) Great tasting pizza!! But here's the question, how the heck do you get the center of it done without burning the rest of it? confused

Somebody's gotta have an answer.

I like the Jack's pepperoni but, I doctor it up. I put a link of sliced Johnsonville hot Italian sausage, a small can of mushrooms and a layer of mozeralla. I slice the sausage after running it under hot water for a few seconds, peel the casing away, then put it in the micro on "soften butter" for one or two cycles. Pick the pepperoni off, layer the extra cheese, then the mushrooms, put some of the pepperoni back on, then the sausage and cook according to the package instructions. Good but, still can't beat Vincies in Milwaukee.

Apparently a lot of people really like Heggies because they built a good sized factory in my hometown of Milaca a year or so ago. By the way, my friend said there is a place in the north metro that sells them. I get back to ya'll on this.

Giovanies(sp?)is probably the best. However, it's been a while since I had one. Not sure where to find them these days.

Kettle River Hot Hawiian is the Beezzzzzneezzzzz! Noting better then Pepperoni, Pineapple and Jalapenos!

Shirks is very nice as well

Home Run makes a solid frozen 'Zaa too.

And for those on a budget ya cant beat Jack's deals. Add some garlic salt, Italian seasoning, fresh onion and green pepps, some extra pepperoni and a bunch of cheese and it's as good as any!

Ya'll got me curious about these legendary Heggie's pizzas. Gonna have to look around next time I'm in the concrete jungle.