• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

favorite frozen pizza?

tedl

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make my own but when I need something quick its SHIRK'S, Kettle River, or Shelton's. Haven't seen Shamrock frozen pizza for a while but they were good too. Those are local pizzas so your not going to find them in the cities.

Those 5 pizzas for $10 deals, well you better have some mozzarella and pepperoni in the fridge cause they are lacking in both.

pizza corner is great but if ever get the chance you gotta get the real deal from the restraunt in Valley City, ND.

totinos has awesome flavor and crust for a buck

Is the Giovanis the same as the Gios in Bemidji, I know they have places in staples, and brainerd, if they sell frozen Im all over that

Shirks - watch the Double Topping "Bar" pizza. it's good, but it REALLY thick w/ toppings and tough to get it cooked fully through without burning the top. Good pizza though

Heggies - great

suprised no one mentioned Digornios? I love the rising crust and the sauce. I like that you can buy it any gas station as well.

Giovanni's 4 meat.... mmmm pick one up everytime I go to Red in Kelliher.

Bonita's Chicago style sausage runs a very close second and their chicken alfredo is good if you want a change from regular pizza.

Hegge's is delicious and available on the way to the deer shack in Danbury.

Good Luck!

Ken

While the only frozen pizza I ever buy anymore is Heggies, I tried a Carbones (Made up in Garrison and sold everywhere up there)this weekend. Every bit as good as Heggies. Actually liked the sauce better.

Shirks?................Yup another winner. Haven't had one since I was in the bowling alley up in Ely 5-6 years ago.

Another vote for Shirks. My first time, I ate the entire pizza myself because it was so good!

They sell them at Zup's on the Iron Range, but I don't know where to get them in the Cities. They are made in Burnsville so maybe they'll start selling them down here too. We usually bring a few back with us on the way back home.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I was in a place that sold frozen heggies and I believe it was a supermarket or gas station in the S/SW Metro. Any help would be great.

My new favorite grocery store "Thriftway Foods" in New Hope sells Heggies as well.

I love thriftway but careful of there bargin bin meats unless you got a cast iron gut like mine.Check your due dates!hanson you ever shop with the sparrows?I have been in there shopping and had birds land right next to me.Back to the shirks if you cook them on a rack,cook for about 5 min.poke a knife through in a few spots an twist a bit that will ensure full cookage,cookage that is not a word but I like it.